Our burgeoning eco-village is on a 2.23 acre property 1.25 miles west of downtown Bloomington, Indiana. Over the last three years, we have obtained permission from the city to build 10 small homes and a large cooperative house on the land. Using permaculture design concepts, we have begun gardens and an orchard. Our first two homes on the land are being built now. Check out the On The Land tab for updates on our various projects.
- We are excited to live cooperatively on our land in small homes to be built with earthen materials by ourselves and our friends.
- We envision surrounding ourselves with shared gardens, trees, herbs, ponds, sculptures, and sacred spaces.
- With the help of more members, it will be possible to own and build our own homes without having 30-year (or any-year) mortgages.
- We face the sun, ride our bikes, and utilize passive solar building to connect with the earth and to limit our fossil fuel consumption.
- We value the home-made, re-made, or un-made, distancing ourselves from consumerism and excess.
- Money-earning is secondary to art, discovery, family, music, creating, building, activism, spirituality, dreaming, rest, etc.
- We love food. We want to grow real, organic, vital food everywhere that we can. We share dinners currently, and this is a great way to come spend time with us